Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am asking myself what I want to achieve with this Blog. I don't want it to be a what I did today kind of Blog. I can do that on Face book. I am hoping to have some continuity and forethought so that I will be able to inform, teach, make people laugh and feel good, also while incorporating tips from my experience as an entrepreneur who over the years ran a Interior Design Business, worked at my husbands General Construction office, owned a gift and home decor store, at the same time we were running the restaurant and catering business.

I hope maybe some day to write a book of experiences, lessons I learned, success and failures, not only in business but as a Mother and Wife.

My first tip of the blog, is LAUGH! I love to laugh and be silly. Last Christmas time, I had all the family over and some close friends. I asked them have you ever put a stocking on you head(Like pantyhose) Well, I proceeded to get some out and even one of my granddaughters, who was six at the time put one on her head. When she looked in the mirror, she laughed, everyone laughed. I have done this with my sister and we have made a video. Sometimes crazy things like that can produce the needed laughter that you need to lift your silly bone, and brings you back to feeling like a kid again.

I am reminded of the movie Cocoon and when they felt young again how they became silly, and did things that made them happy without worrying about what anyone thought. As we become older, we loose the ability to let loose because we are taught to be conservative, adult, professional. There is a time and place for everything. When you are with family and friends, Let loose, have fun, play twister, play Capture the Flag, Go ice blocking. Think of how much less stressful people would be.

Thanks for reading. Go make some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment